Nagoya University of Commerce and Business
Lecturer or Assistant Professor (4 Positions)
Nisshin City, Aichi Prefecture
Duties & Responsibilities:
*7 classes of 100 minutes per week, focusing on English language and cross-cultural communication with the aim of increasing student TOEIC scores.
*Maintain office hours, provide additional support to students, conduct and publish research, and participate in all official university functions.
*Active participation in curriculum reform, course adaptation and development.
Minimum Qualifications for the Position:
1. ABD or a Ph.D. / Ed. D. in TESOL (Doctorate preferred)
2. Experience teaching at a higher educational institution
3. Qualified in and experience of teaching TESOL.
4. High level of English proficiency.
Additional Desired Qualities:
1. Experience living and working in a cultural environment that may be different from your own.
2. Basic Japanese language ability is a bonus but not essential.
*Two-year renewable contract with a highly competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
*Salary scheme will be paid in 14 installments per year.
*Holiday in line with normal Japanese university conventions
*Excellent benefits package including private health insurance
*Financial and other assistance in relocating to Japan (including obtaining a Japanese work visa) will be provided if necessary.
How to apply
Please gather the following application materials in electronic form:
1. Curriculum vitae including passport-type photo.
2. List of academic and other publications.
3. Two letters of recommendation from current/previous employer.
4. Proof of degree qualifications, certificates etc.
5. Statement of teaching and research philosophy and future research goals.
Email them all to: email@example.com
* Application Deadline: Open until filled
* Applicants meeting the stated criteria will be contacted.
* Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.